Monday, September 2, 2013

Photographers Depict Vessels In Their Own Way

MICHAEL KEARNS
In this work, as in all others, I’m struggling to get to the heart of the matter. All subjects, worthy of shooting, have a heart and a soul.
I’m simply trying to nail the heart and soul of the subject onto the paper.

As a wise man, Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo, once said: “Concentration is a firm intent, focused on a single object. You have to contemplate to find peace and true vision. We speak of discernment and concentration as separate things, but actually they're one and the same. Discernment is just the movement of concentration.”

Beyond that, I try and keep things simple. Intellect is the enemy.

The world is my studio. I see something beautiful and I try not to let anything come between me and it while I shoot it.
Broken Vessel
Biography: Michael A Kearns is a writer and photographer who lives in Milford, Ohio, with his beloved, Rebecca, his sons and a small collection of animals.

His writing and photography have appeared in a variety of local and national publications, including Spin, Magnet, Village Voice, Citybeat and Soapbox.

You can see more of Michael’s work at fftvmedia.com.




Bernadette Clemons- Walatka
Taking Flight

Cook House




Kathy Ray

Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment